When the cold weather season begins, trust UPS Freight’s Freezable Protection Service to provide seasonal protection for commodities with a freezing point of 32 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.*
Benefits you'll enjoy
- Established operational procedures, including continuous weather monitoring and the use of designated climate controlled areas at more than 200 facilities nationwide minimizes exposure of your shipments to harsh weather conditions.
- Freezable protection advisory web page provides you with the information you need to plan your shipping activity during cold periods.
- Shipment visibility with Quantum View® Manage or at www.upsfreight.com.
- Service is available between October 1 and April 30 and only for commodities with a freezing point of 32 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
- UPS Freight reserves the right to suspend this service when temperatures are forecasted to reach 10 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
- Service only applies for shipments that can be picked up and delivered between Monday and Friday of the same week based on standard LTL service.
- Service is available between direct points in the 48 contiguous U.S. states and Canada.
- UPS Freight will not be liable for temperature-related losses or damages due to circumstances beyond UPS Freight’s control.
* Please refer to Item 810 in UPGF 102 series rules tariff, the Statement of Agreed Pricing and/or contract for applicable fees, restrictions, terms and conditions.
- Check the transit time of your shipment on the “Transit Time/Service Standards Inquiry” web page at www.upsfreight.com to ensure that the shipment can be picked up and delivered within the same business week.
- Review the freezable protection advisory web page to ensure that service has not been suspended due to cold weather (10 degrees Fahrenheit or lower).
- Fill out the bill of lading and note “protect from freezing” in the body of the document.
- Follow normal pickup scheduling procedures.
Freezable Protection Advisory Page
The freezable protection advisory page provides the necessary information you need, on a daily basis, concerning suspended freezable protection service due to extreme cold weather (10 degrees Fahrenheit or lower).
Temperature Controlled Service
UPS Freight also offers temperature-controlled service, utilizing temperature-regulated equipment to maintain a set temperature range during transportation. For more information on Temperature Controlled Services, call (800)644-0900 option 2.